The ultimate online gaming platform, Steam, is a one-stop destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.
It is mainly a cloud-based gaming library with a collection of nearly 30,000 games under its belt, from AAA to indie and everything in between.
Stepped into the world of gaming in 2003 by Valve, Steam now boasts over 150 million active users and counting.
It is a one-stop place to enjoy great deals, automatic gaming updates, and other exclusive perks. Steam is to gaming what Netflix is to TV.
Like other content-featuring platforms, Steam has oodles of content to cater to the gamers’ needs and requirements.
This platform lets you join the community, meet new people, form clans, take screenshots, and enjoy chatting in-game.
It has a dedicated Steam Screenshot Folder where all the screenshots showing the moments of glory while playing are saved.
With over 100 million potential friends and tons of content, Steam assures that fun never stops.
Steam features a parental control option with the help of which parents can precisely pick the titles and games for their kids.
So, what stops you for now? Install Steam on your device right away to discover, play, and get involved with the game effortlessly.
Get stuck into the screenshot-related query and thinking where the Steam Screenshot Folder located?
Don’t panic and keep on reading to get an answer provided by TechAmple.
Let’s get started!!
Why Gamers Take Screenshots While Playing?
A screenshot is an effective way to capture the glorious and winning moments while playing a game.
Whether you want to capture the outstanding scenes from the year’s best PC game or wish to save your favorite gaming moment, try to fix the problem you face while playing the game.
Steam allows its users to take screenshots of the game without putting in additional effort.
Steam’s built-in shortcut key makes this process incredibly simple, and using the same is no rocket science.
One can easily find Steam Screenshots in a dedicated folder and share them with friends and co-players to celebrate the victory. On top of this, the screenshot is the only way to report any technical issue regarding the game.
If you’ve recently started playing Steam and are not aware of the method of taking screenshots on this platform, then scroll down the page and get to know about the step-by-step procedure about the same.
Let’s check it out!!
How to Take Screenshots in Steam Games?
Ready to capture your favorite moments on Steam? Here are the deets!!
- For taking a screenshot in the Steam games, all you need to do is press F12, and you are done. Simple, right?
- There is no need to pause the game while taking the screenshots. Just hit the F12 button at any moment, and your captured screenshot will get saved in the Steam Screenshot Folder automatically.
- One thing that must consider is that each Steam game you take a screenshot of will have its dedicated folder. You need to locate the same on your system to find the screenshot.
- This method is suitable for taking Steam Screenshots both in Mac (Press F5 for Mac) and Windows.
- If you are using Windows 10, then you can press the Windows button and Print Screen together to capture what you see within a moment.
Screenshot from step 1:- Press F12 tab.
Whether you are new to Steam Games or a seasoned Pro, you must be aware of the fact that taking screenshots on this platform is not at all a time-consuming or arduous task. Make a click on F12, and you are good to go.
Where is Steam Screenshots Folder By Default?
Have you done taking screenshots of your winning moment and are now confused about where to spot them? Read on to get the answer!!
As soon as you capture the screenshot on this gaming platform, it will directly save to the dedicated folder in the name of ‘Screenshots’.
However, if you can still find the Steam Screenshot Folder, then fret not, as we’ve got you covered by listing various methods. Let’s check them out below!!
Method 1: Access the Steam Screenshot Folder Via Steam Client
Gamers can easily find all the screenshots in the Steam app itself. Follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below and spot the Steam Screenshot Folder via Steam Client in the least possible time.
- First of all, open the Steam app on your device, be it Windows or Mac.
- Navigate your cursor to the Menu Bar, where you need to click on the View button.
- Now, select the Screenshots, and as soon as you click on the same, the uploader window will appear on the computer screen.
- Make use of the Show drop-down menu, where you can easily select the game with the screenshots you want to locate.
- Tap on the Show on a disk option, and a Steam screenshot folder window will be displayed on the screen. You will save all captured screenshots in there.
- If you wish to locate the Screenshots on PC, then go to Steam’s Installation Directory. There, you need to find your Steam Client id and navigate to that Steam Screenshot Folder.
Screenshot from steps 2 and 3: You need to click the view button then click on the screenshot.
Screenshot from step 5: Click on show on disk.
Method 2: Locate the Steam Screenshot Folder in Your Computer
Looking forward to accessing the Steam Screenshot Folder on Hard Drive? Please read the instructions below and follow them step-by-step to avoid any hiccup later on.
- First of all, you need to locate the Screenshot folder where all your gaming screenshots are saved physically. This folder is usually located where the Steam platform is installed.
- Access your drive by using the following path:
C:\ Programfiles (x86) \ Steam \ userdata\ <yourSteamID> \ 760 \ remote\ <app – ID> \ screenshots
- For Linux, the path will be:
~/.local/ share/ Steam
- If you’ve installed Steam at some different location, then you need to find it on your own.
- Now, go to the Steam Game folder, then click on the Userdata subfolder.
- Here is the catch – if you have just one account, there will be only one folder with a string of numbers. However, if you have multiple accounts, then there will be one folder for each account, and you need to figure out which is the one you want.
- Tap on the ‘Remote’ This contains several gaming folders. Each one represents a game that you captured screenshots on.
- Initiate a search for Steam Screenshot Folder, open the same and find the desired images.
What is Steam ID and How to Find the Same?
Steam ID is a 17-digit number that is allocated to every Steam user profile.
This series of numbers is unique and is used to link other people to your profile. It also helps in locating the Steam Screenshot Folder as well.
To find your Steam Id:
- Go to the Menu bar available in the top-left corner of the app.
- There, you need to select the View button and click on the Settings tab.
- Now choose the Interface.
- You will then find a checkbox that reads Display Web Address Bar When Available.
- Tick the checkbox and hit the OK button to save the settings.
- No, the users can easily view their Steam id by clicking on the Steam Username.
- The number at the end of the profile URLURl is mainly your Steam ID.
Screenshot from step 2: select the view button then click settings.
Screenshot from steps 3 and 4: choose Interface and tick ok on display web address bar when available.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Change Steam Screenshot Folder
By the time you find the Steam Screenshot Folder, you must be agreeing to the fact that reaching this folder is no less than a rollercoaster ride that involves lots of twists and turns.
To save time and make this folder easily accessible, most gamers prefer to change its default location to the desktop or somewhere.
If you are one of them, then read on the steps and get it done with ease.
- To initiate the process, launch the Steam Client App and move your cursor to the top-right corner to select the View tab.
- Click on the Setting feature from the drop-down menu.
- Jump to the in-game tab and choose the Screenshot folder.
- Now, here you can change the Default Key for snapping the screenshots as well.
- Find a new place where you wish to save the Steam Screenshot Folder. Navigate to the desired location, say desktop, create a folder and get it named accordingly.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.
Screenshot from steps 1 and 2: select the view button then click settings.
Screenshot from step 3: click the in-game button and choose screenshot folder.
screenshot from steps 5 and 6: select the folder and click ok.
The Final Word
Finding the Steam Screenshot Folder isn’t easy at all. But don’t you worry about it and use this extensive guide to troubleshoot all your screenshot-related queries within a blink of an eye.
This indeed makes it easy for you to find and brag about the fancy screenshots you took every other day while playing Steam games.